Monday, January 3, 2011

African music

Ah, what a day! I love this country already and I have only been here for less than a week.

I didn’t blog yesterday because there was nothing interesting to talk about. This does not mean that I didn’t have fun. Even though the days are the same and you basically do the same thing, you meet so many interesting people everyday that it makes your day worth it.

I won’t make this blog post long since I need to go have dinner now that we came back after a long day at the exhibition.

Today, I want to talk about music, and African music in particular. In the exhibition, there is music all around during the whole day. This is nothing special since music is played even in the exhibitions that take place in the Middle East. However, what I noticed was that people over here react to music in a very different way. All over the exhibition, I noticed that as soon as the music would start, people walking around would start dancing! It’s amazing! They dance with each other and smile to everyone around. People here are really happy. On the other hand, in the Middle East, people just walk around and there is no reaction at all! No one is dancing or doing anything. I know that you may say culture plays an important role, but atleast a smile makes a difference. And this is just my own opinion, so don't start hating!

Most of the people here in Ethiopia are not as rich as the people in the Middle East but they still seemvery happy with their life. This really made me realize that money can buy you lots of things, but it can’t buy you happiness!

I am really enjoying my time here and having a blast. I am sorry that I am not posting any pictures or talking about the beauty of the country, but this is because I am really busy helping out my brothers and finishing up the work I came to do here.

I promise that this won’t be the last time I visit this country because soon, I will be calling it home…

No comments:

Post a Comment