Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The stats, and my next travel plans!



Hey Everyone!

I know I said that my last blog post would be the last one until I plan to travel somewhere, but I felt that I had to finish the India trip by telling you about the stats I got from my blog.

I connected my blog to Google Analytics which basically gives you daily updates about the number of visits you had to your blog and other interesting facts. I wanted to share these with you since I found them very interesting.

In total, I posted 7 posts for my India trip and I had a total of around 134 visits until yesterday. I am saying around because this number also includes the times I personally visited the blog. So theoretically, speaking, around 100 visits would be a good estimate.

I got visits from 13 different countries. I know the people who visited from each country except one,the UK. Google analytics is so cool that it actually gives you the cities within the countries. My anonymous friend from the UK is from London. Pretty weird!

I really want to thank each and everyone of you for taking the time to read my blog posts, even if you didn't read them all because you thought they were too long. I am sorry, but I love to write alot.

Keeping this blog post short, I will just share with you guys my next travel plan. I am actually planning to go for umrah during the first ten days of Ramadan which will be in August. My plan is to go back home (Oman) on the 14th of Aug and travel with mom to Saudi Arabia from the 16th to the 19th.

The dilemma here is: what is your opinion about blogging during this religious trip. For those who don't know about Umrah, please click the link above. However, for others, what is your opinion? I personally don't mind because I would be giving a perspective about this amazing trip to the people who haven't been there.

Please let me know your opinion by commenting below.

Thanks for reading!

5 comments:

  1. i think its a good idea.
    not only does it bring you benifit of clarity.. where the blogging becomes like diary for you, where u reflect back on your thoughts, feelings, experiences..
    but also you get to share your experince fresh and up-to-date with others.. (i see value in that)

    i will be excited to read your bloggings from Macca, if you choose to blog :)

    salam

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.salam.
    In my opinion, it all depends on ur "Niyyah" or Intention. Since this is a religious trip and intended for Umrah, you are supposed to carry acts of worship during your stay.
    However, you are not expected to do ibadah (worship) 24/7. Blogging could be categorized as something you would do in ur leisure time. Since you dont have any wrong intention, and since you are doing it with the intention of giving your perspective about a place to those who havent been there, it is a form of Daw'ah (Not to be confused with Dua). (I am assuming that u want to express ur views on both geographical and spiritual point of view, Perhaps?)
    Perhaps, and this is my opinion again, your perspective of the experience may also inspire young Muslims (or non- Muslims) to visit the place and to do Umrah/ Hajj and would perhaps increase the inclination in their heart to visit the place.

    So in a nutshell, in my opinion, this would be a form of ibadah ( or Jihad in the way of Allah) apart from what you will do at the Holy Mosque or other places,, and it is totally okay to blog for good purposes,as long as your intentions are pure and related to what you are going there for : to be ritually pure. (and the entire trip you must seek to remain true to ur intention, lest ur good deeds might be nullified.


    I am also researching online to see if my opinion is correct or not, since I am not sure about it, and I don't want u to do something wrong coz of me. lol.. I might take a day or two to actually find out, so until then, this is my point of view :P =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. go for it .. as long as you are not cutting ur time short in el7aram to go and blog .. but i know u will have some time at night when u r jst not doing anything so blog then .. it should be cool .. what i love about travel journals is that wen u go bak to them later u feel the trip all over again .. and this is a trip you wana keep the feeling of .. u know .. but abdalla .. make the most out of it .. if you did, it will be the best thing you do to yourself everrrrrr!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks alot guys, I really appreciate your opinions. I will research into it my self and see what happens. However, since there is a long time before this trip actually happens, (a month actually), I still have time. But i really want to go. Inshallah

    ReplyDelete