Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Decision taken, Plans made!


In my last post, I had asked you all to give me your opinion about the idea of blogging while going for Umrah. I got some very positive feedback from all of you and I really thank you for your contribution.

I have decided that I will blog on my trip to Makkah inshallah! I will try to give you guys a touch of how it feels to be in the most holy place to Muslims around the world. I will take some pictures (but not a lot) to show those who have never been there how beautiful and peaceful the Haram is. However, I will not deviate from the main theme of this blog, travel. I will tell you all about the trip to Makkah and what makes this city different from all the other cities in the world.

So far, the trip plan is that I will go to Oman on the 14th of August and travel with Mom ( and hopefully sisters) to Makkah on the 16th. I will return to Qatar on the 20th by bus and my family will return to Oman.

I am 100% positive that this trip plan will change because when ever I travel with family, there is always a high degree of uncertainty. However, I have a back up plan in case my family decides not to go. Simply take a bus on the 14th to Makkah and stay there till the 20th!

I personally don't mind going to Makkah alone since I have done it 3 times already. The bus ride is long (23~24 hrs one way) but its completely worth it. I am really expecting this trip to be awesome since it will be during the Holy month of Ramadan and Makkah is completely different during that month!

I might not be writing any new posts until I get close to the first week of August because I will be extremely busy with a lot of work. However, if any changes happen to this plan, I will let you all know.




2 comments:

  1. abdalla .. i would do anything to be able jst to go on a bus and head there .. omg i so need to go ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plan sounds great. I think the advantage of blogging during Umrah has many plus points, as long as it does not act as a distraction. It gives you a platform to think and reflect on why you are praying, which is something very important in my opinion. Personally, I am curious to read about what you have to say because unfortunately I have never gone for Umrah :( maybe we can go together some day :D

    ReplyDelete