Thursday, September 9, 2010

Updates, and my Oman Travels!


Lets keep this post short and simple. I am sorry I didnt update the blog for a while but a lot has been happening. First of all, I did not end up going for Umrah since I had other plans. As much as I am sad that I didnt go, I really appreciate the things I did instead.

Right after international orientation got over, an amazing idea came to my mind. I wanted to host the largest charity iftar event in Education city. The purpose was to raise funds for the victims of the recent Floods in Pakistan. I was debating whether to go for Umrah or stay in Doha and plan for this event. I decided the latter as I hoped Allah would reward me with this good cause.

In short, the event happened two weeks latter and it was a huge success. Check out the event page on facebook here and I will try to upload some pictures as soon as possible. I really want to thank everyone who helped out in making this event a huge success. We finally managed to raise 74,000 QAR (20,325 USD) which made us all proud. I really felt happy that we, the students of Education city, were able to make a difference.

Moving on, other updates about me, hmm, I started my senior year and its amazing. I am enjoying ever bit of it. As for travel plans, I doubt there will be much this semester since it is fully packed and busy.

Right now, I am in Oman with family on the Eid-ul-Fitr break. Its the Eid right after the month of Ramadan. I will be here for a week and I hope to spend it chilling at home and meeting friends and family. Since I am back home, I don't really consider this as a travel plan. However, for my readers, I will try to post a blog post everyday and tell you about my awesome country. For once, I will try to be a tourist in my own country.

Expect to see loads of pictures as I will try to give you a good idea of how Oman is beautiful and different from the other countries in the Gulf Region. Hopefully, I will try to convince my family to travel to some places inside Oman and explore this country's beauty.

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to seeing pics and stories from oman, buddy :D

    ReplyDelete