Thursday, September 9, 2010

Muscat: The beautiful city!


I started the day in a very lazy mood and woke up at 10am. (Yes that is lazy for me!). Since my parents are not in the country for the coming two days ( they went to Dubai for a family friend's funeral), it is only me and my sisters at home. It will suck since I really wanted to spend the first day of Eid with my parents around.


I don't remember doing anything useful until Iftar time other than getting my Omani phone number and sleeping. For Iftar, me and my sisters decided to go out to Pizza Express. Amazing food. You have to check it out if you ever come to Muscat.

After the Iftar, we took a cruise down to the old souq area because my sisters wanted to see the Eid preparations and crazy last minute shopping people usually do before Eid. For me, it was a good opportunity to take some cool pictures.

It was than that I realized how beautiful my country is. I had always come down these roads several times when I lived here 3 years ago, however, I never looked at them from a tourist's point of view. I really admired the beautiful buildings and amazing road infrastructure in the city. You don't get to see much of this in Doha.

As we approached the old souq area, called Muttrah, I was amazed by the amount of changes that had happened since the last time I came. There were water fountains all across the streets of the corniche and many of the old buildings were renovated. It really gave a sense of modernity to the area yet still holding on to its traditional flavor.

We walked across the narrow streets of the souq and bought some stuff. I couldn't take much pictures because my sisters were telling me that I was embarrassing them with the camera in my hand! However, I still managed to click some shots of the amazing corniche. The problem is I am having some trouble uploading the pictures to the computer since the camera memory card is not compatible with my laptop. I will get Dad's laptop tomorrow and upload the pictures.

Here is one I stole from my friend's facebook profile. It is a picture of the corniche and Muttrah area.

As for now, I am heading to bed since I have to wake up tomorrow at 6am for the Eid prayer. After that, we will head to my uncle's house for the big family gathering. I really can't wait to see the whole family!



Eid Mubarak Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. u cant steal if i give u permision

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahmed, u had to say that. I just wanted to make it a bit dramatic and sound cool! Lol but yea, thanks man

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's good to come home and have a greater appreciation for it. Hope you have an enjoyable stay! -- April

    ReplyDelete