Sunday, September 12, 2010

It's always good to be back home!



Today started off pretty late as we had nothing planned for the morning. Parents are coming latter today in the evening so me and my sisters planned to kill the afternoon doing something eid-ish ( stuff people do during the eid days).

Nothing came to our minds since my mom is the one who always plans trips and things to do. So being the not so mature people we are, we decided to go watch a movie ( if you don't remember, that is exactly what we did yesterday evening too! ). My sisters said they wanted to go watch an Indian movie this time.

We looked up the timings and saw that "dabaang" was in Al Nast cinema at 2pm. It was 12pm at that time. To kill time, my elder sister went to shop for some things and me and my other sister wasted time on the internet. Productively enough, I typed my blog post that was due yesterday night. 1:30pm came and we were off to the movies.

We confidently parked the car and went in thinking we would find seats easily. The entire cinema was sold out for the whole day! OWNED! Then we decided to check out the other cinemas. We ended up going to Al bahja cinema which is a good 30 mins drive from where we were. We watched the expendables which is one of the best action filled movie I have watched this year. It's insane! You have to go watch it. Here is the trailer to get you excited about it.

After the movie, we got a message from dad saying that they would be arriving in 30 minutes. We had more time to kill so we decided to go to City Center which is another mall close to Al Bahja. We chilled there for a while and checked out the electronic store and had a light lunch. We didn't realize that time was running out until we got another message from dad saying that they had landed and will be coming out in five minutes. We were lucky that the airport was very close to the mall.

We were there in no time and picked the parents up. Its good that they weren't waiting for long. On the way back, they told us all about Dubai and their trip. I was just happy that they were back.

We headed home and I felt that there wasn't going to be much going out since they were tired and didn't feel like doing anything. However, we did plan on what we were going to do tomorrow, ( I told you, my mom is the best trips planner!).

When I thought that I was going to end my day in a not so fun manner, my mom told me to go get some stuff from the grocery store. Over there, I met my very close neighborhood friend Nasser. I was actually planning on meeting him tonight but his phone wasn't working. So it was my fate to meet him there. We talked for about an hour before my mom called and asked where I was. I told him I will drop the stuff back home and then we would meet up. He came in his car after few minutes and we went to chill.

Nasser is a guy that I really don't get bored talking with him. We chilled on the beach near my home and talked about life and other random stuff for hours. Its 1:20am right now and I just got back home to type this up. I must say, this guy is awesome! I really love being back home to hang out with him.

As for tomorrow's plans, we are going inshallah to the Al-Nahda Resort. If you are a CMU Qatar freshmen or sophomore, you know what I am talking about. This resort is the one that CMU Qatar takes its freshmen class every year for their first year experience program. I haven't been there before but I hope it will be a good experience. We are planning to spend the day there so hopefully there will be a lot of pictures and fun stories since my little crazy cousin, Ahmed, ( the one from yesterday's post) will be there as well.

Until then, this is me signing off and hoping that you all are enjoying these posts so far because I know I am!

1 comment: